Friday, January 28, 2011

dark spell

feeling my inner potential fade with each step i age
my fantasy is a rapidly increasing black wall
i never pictured my future as a how but always as a who
now the destination seems further and the road has narrowed
my compass has gone defective and im turned south again
the thought of how interesting my death will be seems almost joyful
not in a morbid way only purity . that one pure moment when your life ends
it can not be recreated just as your life can not be unlived
the mountains you climb in this life weaken you
wiser and yet weaker
this pain has not made me numb yet
god i wish it would
today i choose to see the dark and despair
i choose to except it today
so that i can breathe in everything this world is
and with one exhale
let go
because tomorrow i choose life
i choose to climb again
to one day understand what this darkness has all meant
faith is not a weapon
i only hope that faith is not a weakness

No comments:

Post a Comment